Sunday 18 January 2009

Cafephilia


Two panorama photos of cafes. 
[El Fishawy, Cairo, May 2008.]
This cafe is in the Khan el Khalili market district of Cairo. I had a honey sheesha. I found it very relaxing to smoke. It doesn't give you much nicotine (at least for me, a smoker). I was told the best time to visit was late at night when there are fewer tourists. However, when I visited in the afternoon I was the only Westerner. 
I took a dozen photos with my Nikon D80 and the Sigma 10-20mm, then stitched them together with PTGui.




[La Puerto Rico Cafe, Buenos Aires, March 2007.]
An out-of-the-way cafe, seemingly ignored by tourists. And as a consequence, much more authentic than the hyped Cafe Tortoni, where Jorge Luis Borges used to go. 
I took multiple shots with my Canon Powershot S3, then stitched it together with Canon's software.



1 comments:

Anonymous 6 April 2013 at 21:34:00 GMT+11  

Hello! This is my first comment here so I just wanted
to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects?
Thank you!

my website: online flight simulator